General Rules about Homestay Family requirements and Homestay environment
1. A Homestay Family will provide their Student with the following basic amenities: a private room, a bed, a desk with study lamp, a key to the house, and sufficient storage space for the Student’s clothes and luggage.
2. A Homestay family will provide their Student with a hot evening meal, a bag lunch to eat at school, and food items for the Student to prepare a breakfast. The Homestay Family will ask the student what food items he/she prefers to eat.
3. A Homestay Family will provide their Student, and LVH, with written house rules during the first week the Student resides with the Homestay Family. House rules may include such matters as smoking policy, and houseguests.
4. The Homestay Family shall provide LVH with Incident/Progress Report on their student(s) every 6 months. This Progress Report shall be mailed or faxed to LVH as soon as possible after completion. Copies of the Progress Report will be provided by LVH to the Homestay Family. The most recent version of the Progress Report may be found on the LVH Website.
5. The School and Homestay Family shall notify LVH of any unusual incident that a LVH student is involved in; e.g. breach of school or homestay rules of conduct.
6. The homestay Family must support the Homestay Coordinator and the School by not covering for the Student when he/she is disregarding LVH’s or the school’s policies.
7. The Homestay Family shall provide appropriate supervision for the student and will inform the student and LVH of any plans to be away from the home during the student’s homestay period.
8. The Homestay Family shall provide information to students about adjusting to Canadian life, transportation, bank accounts and library cards.
9. The Homestay Family shall assist the student to make appointments and transportation to see a medical doctor and dentist.
10. The Homestay Family shall treat the student with respect and tolerance, include the student in all family activities, and ensure that the student is not required to baby-sit.
11. The Homestay Family shall ensure that English is spoken when the student is present at all times.
12. LVH can immediately terminate any homestay arrangement. LVH retains discretion to make all final determination in this regard.
General Rules about Homestay Student requirements
1. The Homestay Student (long term students) and/or host familymust inform LVH of any vacations longer than 15 days for adjustments on the homestay fee.
2. The Homestay Student accompanying the Homestay Family on holiday is expected to pay for travel and personal expenses and the host family to pay for accommodations and food. Student not accompanying the family on holidays, a temporary homestay arrangement must be made approved by the Homestay Coordinator
3. The Homestay Student is require to keep their room clean, to pick up after snacks at night and inform the host family if you are going to be late.
4. The Homestay Student are required to inquire about rules set out by their school and house rules set out by the host family
5. The Homestay Student must arrange for their own transportation.
6. The Homestay Student must abide by the laws of Canada, arrange for personal phone or calling card and medical insurance.
7. LVH can immediately terminate any homestay and/or educational arrangement with cause. LVH retains discretion to make all final determination in this regard.
General Rules about Custodian and Guardian Homestay Student
1. The Custodian and Guardian Homestay Student must provide a fax from their parents, giving their permission for the student’s vacations plans.
2. The Custodian and Guardian Homestay Student must be covered by medical Insurance.
3. The Custodian and Guardian Homestay Student is required to enroll in Consultation and Monitoring.
1. Placement fee is non refundable.
2. Unused portion of homestay fee will be refunded to LVH immediately after student has removed their possessions from the house. LVH will forwarded the refunded portion to the student.
This Guideline was published December 1st , 2010. Liane’s Vancouver Homestay reserves the rights to revise the Guidelines from time to time. For the most updated version please see www.LVHomestay.com/homestay-guidelines
Revised Dec 2010